Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • balthazar9086
    • Jan 2007

PowerDVD 6 problem - screen disappears

I've had PowerDVD 6 Deluxe installed for quite a while now with no problems whatsoever. However, today, while playing another DVD, the screen suddenly disappeared and did not come back even after restart. My first intuition - my decoder's faulty, and so I tried playing the DVD with Windows Media Player: no problem there, WMP works fine with the DVD. Then I went back and tried PowerDVD 6 again - this time I noticed that just as the DVD starts to play, I can see a flicker of the picture, but it is quickly covered over by a blank screen, as if someone just took a cloth and threw it over the video - weird.

Anyone know what the problem is caused by? I think a reinstall will fix it - but I want to know what caused the problem and if it can be fixed by some step that's less drastic...

Thanks in advance!
  • balthazar9086
    • Jan 2007

Well guys, I just uninstalled and then reinstalled PowerDVD 6 - the problem still exists...help!

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

try disabling hardware acceleration in powerDVD's settings. if that works, update your graphics card drivers and re-enable it
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...