Is the PC-DVD able to work as a real DVD-player?er HTP 210?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • esgrima
    • May 2002

Is the PC-DVD able to work as a real DVD-player?er HTP 210?

I would like to use my computer as a real DVD player.
    I want to connect my TV 29" and my Home Theater Pioneer HTP 210.
    1) Will the video works fine if I by a good video card (GeForce 3 with S-Video out) to connect my TV 29" ? Is it the same as a DVD-player or it has any flaws?
    2) The DVD drive plays DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 ? How do I connect my computer audio to my Home Theater Pionner? The audio cards that support Dolby Digital 5.1 (like soundblaster live 5.1 or CMI 8738) also supports DTS? What is S/PDIF ? Is it an optical and digital out ? Wich sound card I must use ?
    Anybody can help me???
    One last question: Is it possible to use the TV 29" as a computer monitor? I heard that the image is not ok, that it's difficult to read texts because of the loe resolution of the TV.
    Thanks.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

I would like to use my computer as a real DVD player.
    I want to connect my TV 29" and my Home Theater Pioneer HTP 210.
    1) Will the video works fine if I by a good video card (GeForce 3 with S-Video out) to connect my TV 29" ? Is it the same as a DVD-player or it has any flaws?

It should work, though you might have some problems. The better the cpu and graphics card the better your output.

One last question: Is it possible to use the TV 29" as a computer monitor? I heard that the image is not ok, that it's difficult to read texts because of the loe resolution of the TV.
    Thanks.

Depends on your video card. In most cases it is not the best choice.

Comment

Working...