• Show
Clear All
  • uufta
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Dec 2005

Upscalers

LG Model # DN191H

Maybe someone could decipher this little hidden away snippet from the manual for me SOMETIMES when I play a rented or purchased DVD on this thing it blinks to black for a millisecond, over and over, when I play a back-up of one my DVD's it plays perfectly..(I am using a HDMI cable.) I called their support What a Twit, no help at all, so I will call on my friends here before I try them again.

I know it is a cheap model, but I got it for free along with my half-priced Panny plasma on black friday, so no laughing It plays back-ups beautifully. (sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot, and sorry for using the "b"word)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by uufta; 9 May 2007, 03:54 AM.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

it won't upconvert any protected dvd past 480p?

Comment

• uufta
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Dec 2005

I have read that paragraph many times and it seems so, but only if you have pro-scan out, just doesnt make sense to me, with non-protected it works perfectly. I read that part of that manual to that guy twice, what an ARS, I tried to explain to him that all DVD's have something on them.

Is the blinking MacroVision?
      Last edited by uufta; 9 May 2007, 04:55 AM.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

from what I googled it a fault of the chipset and hdmi

can you set your tv for 480?

have you tested with component hook up?

Comment

• volfann
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Jun 2006

Sounds similar to the issue I had a few months back with my RCA upconverting unit. Never could get it to play a protected disc. I finally returned it and bought a new unit with just progressive scan for less than half the price. Guess I will get the Oppo unit if I decide to try upconverting again sometime.
          sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• uufta
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
            from what I googled it a fault of the chipset and hdmi

can you set your tv for 480?

have you tested with component hook up?

Guess I got what I paid for no wonder they were giving them away.
            I think my TH-42PX60U Panny auto-adjusts for whatever is input...The HD cable outputs at 1080i and My Panny DVD-Recorder DMR-ES35V outputs at 480p, when I bring up the Recall on those it shows thats whats coming into the tv.
            When I cycle the LG with a non-protected DVD through the diff resolutions it shows them properly on the tv.

No diff with pro-scan or HDMI, the dumbest thing I have ever seen put out there for sale.

It doesnt blink with a S-video hookup @480i
            Last edited by uufta; 10 May 2007, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Working...