Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dvfsep
    • Sep 2003

Sony DVD Recorder/Player RDR HX510

At home I have a Sony DVD Recorder/Player RDR HX 510 and a Sony CD/DVD Player DVP NS 305. I burn my home made DVD projects on normal DVD-RWs and DVD-Rs from Verbatim, Memorex, Imation and BOS using Samsung Writemaster SH-S128D. As video software I use Nero 7 Premium. When I play the DVD on NS 305 there is no problem. But when I play the same DVD on RDR HX 510 while jumping from one animated thumbnail to another the DVD player hangs up and I have to detach the player from the mains plug to stop it and to eject the DVD. With this problem description the RDR HX 510 went twice to Sony repair services and in both cases the answer is there is no problem with the device, but possibly the DVD has a compatibility problem. Now I am researching this possible compatibility issue. Can anyone help me please? Thanks in advance.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

sounds like you got either a very picky reader or a defective one in the recorder

forget about rw's for a while and find out what kind of blanks it likes?

nero saves a log from burns, post one where you used some quality media like verbatim and the burn still wouldn't work in the recorder

Comment

Working...