Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jooster
    • Oct 2006

Some movies wont play

I have a strange problem. I work in my home office and play dvd movies on my P.C. I have come across two movies that just wont play. They are Gangs from New York and you me and Dupree. No I can play other movies with no problems. They play on my lap top and DVD player. I have a Lite-on dvd on my P.C and run Power DVD.

Any suggestions
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

clean the drive, clean the disks

dvd's and drives are an accident waiting to happen, the whole system is designed around error correction, the specs are so technically challenging that there isn't a whole lot of margin of error

Comment

• jooster
      • Oct 2006

Thanks chewy, I will try that. The message I get is DVD format is not compatable. Only time this has happened. It also does the same with the extras DVD. Thought that these dvd may have some type of protection

Comment

• jooster
        • Oct 2006

Well cleaned both DVDs and lens on my DVD. Still not working. Tried several other DVDs no problem, they all played. The dvd spins but then everything hangs up. Tried opening Power DVD and Windows player but still nothing. This is really bugging me. Is there a certain decoder for certain DVDs. Maybe I am going nuts

Comment

Working...