Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jsteves
    • Oct 2007

DivX Playback problem

I recently bought a Panasonic S43 DVD Player with the Divx Playback function but when I play the DVDs I burned it doesnt resize the videos so they only take up like half the screen. I figured out how to resize them but I can never get the video to be full screen. Are all DVD players like this or is it just mine?
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

goto ur dvd's options and choose different aspect ratios to one suits u.
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• jsteves
      • Oct 2007

It doesnt matter what aspect ration I put in there or any option for that matter, it doesnt change the size of the video to full screen.

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

Originally Posted by jsteves
        when I play the DVDs I burned it doesnt resize the videos so they only take up like half the screen.
        wide screen video will show black bar on top and bottom of the video.
        Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• jsteves
          • Oct 2007

Thats not the problem. If I burn a video that is anything less than 640x480 i will get something like this on the screen.

[----------------------]
          [iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii i]
          [iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii--------iiiiiiiiiiiiiii]
          [iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii[vvvvvv]iiiiiiiiiiiiiii]
          [iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii[ video ]iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii]
          [iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii[_____ ]iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii]
          [___________________ ]

and even when I do spend the time to resize the video to 640x480 its still not full screen the is small parts at the top and bottom. Thanks.
          Last edited by jsteves; 3 Nov 2007, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• admin
            Administrator
            • Nov 2001

I suspect it could be a problem with your DVD/DivX player. Is there a "zoom" setting you could use (eg. "zoom to fill screen" is an option available on my standalone, as are "original size" which will usually mean black borders around all sides)? If your player does not have a zoom mode for DivX (which is pretty rare), then that could be a problem and you might have to resize the video to the native output resolution of your player (usually 720x480 for NTSC, and 720x576 for PAL).

First of all, when you play the DivX file on your computer in a windowed mode, is there a black border around the video. If there is, then having some border in the video is normal and can only be removed if you crop the video.
            Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• jsteves
              • Oct 2007

I've tried a bunch of different videos and they are all the same. If i resize the video to anything more than 640x480 then the video gets cut off but I just wanna know if other players automatically resize the video to full screen. Thanks again.

Comment

• admin
                Administrator
                • Nov 2001

Well I don't know about all the other players, but my one will default to "fullscreen" (or fill the screen) mode, unless you press the "zoom" button on the remote to change the mode (to "original", "double" and a few other modes). Is there some setting for the player to set which mode DivX playback will play at?
                Last edited by admin; 4 Nov 2007, 03:39 PM.
                Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...