Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ayjayy
    • Jun 2002

I Need Urgent Help ! ! ! !

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make sure that I can continue to switch the region on my DVD Drive ? I'm not even sure if there is anything that I can do about it as I understand that the "Changes Remaining" option is written into the hardware and not the software . . . . . . . .
    My Drive reads HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8160B.....

HELP ! ! ! ! I have only 3 changes remaining ! ! ! ! !
    Last edited by ayjayy; 11 Jun 2002, 10:42 AM.
  • ayjayy
    • Jun 2002

Closer, but no cigar !

Since I posted originally, I have tried to use a patch on the drive, failed miserably and I now seem to think that this drive cannot be flashed. Luckily it didnt get damaged when I tried it !

I have tried the RPCMAN program, it does nothing and have had to abandon that.

The Links on the Firmware Page have lead me to believe that I can only hope to install a program which will allow me to reset the number of changes indefinately, which is as good as having a region-free drive. It sends me to alink where I download a program called Hitachihack.exe ( The link to that program is http://perso.club-internet.fr/farzen...chihack2.4.zip ).

But when I try and run the program I get an eerror message which says "ERROR: Unable to make list of devices."

Has anyone else tried this program, and can they advise what I am doing wrong if so, the only possible thing I could think of was the ASPI layer, but I believe this is correctly running now on XP.
    Last edited by ayjayy; 11 Jun 2002, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• ayjayy
      • Jun 2002

bump

___

Comment

Working...