Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gfret
    • Mar 2002

Playing DVD on slow machine

I have a quadrant cinemaster decoder card that says I can play DVDs on a 166 or faster. I am having no joy using WinDVD on a pII 266. It is still jumpy. When I display the Cinemaster in Windoze (98SE) it says it is working. Level 2.1/2.2 and driver 1.1.06.0179
    I suspect I need another player to use this card but I am not sure what it is. Thanks
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Would not the dvd card include a player? If you have a hardware dvd decoder card, perhaps you can play dvds in regular players? Another dvd player is POWERDVD, do a search on google.com for more.

Also, reduce the screen area to 640x480 and colour to 16 bit (it makes the quality a lot better in fullscreen on most players).

Comment

• pawl
      • Jul 2002

Hmm... I have Creative Dxr3 decoder and I have tested PowerDVD and WinDVD and with both programs I couldn't use my hardware decoder card. So I think the same is with you. I use a special player which I got with my card.

And I have Celeron 300 and the software dvd playback is not as smooth as with hardware.

Comment

Working...