X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tunichgut
    • Jun 2002

Problem with WinDVD 4 Playback

Hi!

I have a strange problem with WinDVD 4 under WindowsXP. After installing WinDVD my system won't playback any of my dvds.
    The program appears and everything seems normal, i can even make changes in the configuration screen, but as soon as i try to play a dvd, i get a blank window saying "playback" but nothing happens. There were no issues with WinDVD 3.1, so i thought, everything will work with the new version. Guess, I was wrong.
    PowerDVD XP runs smooth, just WinDVD 4 causes trouble. I tried to uninstall powerdvd and install windvd as the only player, but with no success. The opening picture in the player-window disappears and the window resizes as if playing, but stays black. The DVD-drive is appearantly working (light flashing and dvd spinning), but that's about it.
    My system configuration is as follows:
    athlon 1200c, abit kt133a-raid, 512mb sd-ram, 2x 40gb hd, ati radeon 8500, soundblaster audigy and a toshiba sdm-1212.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thx

Tunichgut

P.S. I know I could stay with PowerDVD XP, but I like the features of WinDVD better (besides the quality-aspect)
  • onamae1
    • Jun 2002

this may help

I once had a problem with windvd because i reinstalled it with out first deinstalling it... I was testing a crack. All the controls became backward, 2 speaker mode became 4 speaker, on was off etc. but ne ways this could help but if it doesnt it wont hurt either.
    completly deinstall windvd first, now run regedit and under all the hkey folders right click and search for any keys values or data named intervideo and delete them all, it also helps to do the search with only one look at type such as only data. then do the same except look for anything named windvd. I know it seems scary to delete a bunch of .dll's under the common bin however it wont harm your system and after the deletion of windvd from your registry you can then reinstall windvd and all the .dll's will go right back where they should be. to manually delete windvd from your registry however may take awhile like 15 min or so. Hope this helps, it beats reloading windows just to fix a problem

Comment

• Tunichgut
      • Jun 2002

Hi!

thx for the hint. I had already tried that ... and I was nearly desperate enough to put a new winxp on my hd , but my dvd-drive seems to be the cause of the problem. for some strange reason windvd plays all kind of files from my harddrive but "ignores" the dvds in my drive. I had a svcd-image mount with the daemon-tools: no problem at all and the same with some vob-files which I had recently ripped. so I guess I will replace my good old 6x-toshiba-dvd in the near future ... until then I have to stay with powerdvd.

Tunichgut

Comment

• spunkee
        • Jun 2002

I have similar problem,, i had win98 & powerdvd (fully registered version but they don't update it for free)worked well. I then got a new puter with xp installed & firstly daemon tools kept coming up with an error message-so i d/l the latest daemon tools. The i find that neither my dvd movies/cvd etc., or my large games like harry potter/spiderman would not play-no sound but puter 'seemed' to be playing. SDo i d/l the trial version of power dvd & voila my movie played ok BUT the games still will not play & I now get another error message from daemon tools saying scsi is missing!
        I am not a puter expert & this girl is lost as what to do next,
        ps i am d/l a trial of win dvd to try.
        Can anyone help??
        cheers spunkee

Comment

Working...