Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J8son
    • Jun 2005

Removing PowerDVD 8 Patch Notice

I have PowerDVD 8 installed on my system (running Windows XP).

I keep getting the dialog pop-up that says there is a patch that I need to download. I have did this once before and it caused all manner of problems (problems I didn't have before I patched).

I have now done a fresh re-install and need to know how to remove this annoying pop-up that prompts me to download the patch. There is no option in the settings menu itself so if I need to edit a system file, I'm willing to do that.

I have already tried just clicking on it and then not downloading the patch but the notice regenerates after awhile.

Thanks!
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Right click on the main playback window area and select "Configuration" (or press Ctrl-C) to get to the configuration window, in the "Player" section, un-check the "Automatically connect to the Internet for product information" option. I think this should do it.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• J8son
      • Jun 2005

Originally Posted by admin
      Right click on the main playback window area and select "Configuration" (or press Ctrl-C) to get to the configuration window, in the "Player" section, un-check the "Automatically connect to the Internet for product information" option. I think this should do it.
      First, thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Second, unfortunately this is not this issue as this option as been unselected from day one of installation, yet I still get the notice.

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

If that didn't work, you could try to use your firewall to block PowerDVD from connecting to the Internet. This would of course kill the other Internet related features as well. There is also a system process called "PDVD8Serv.exe" running in the background, which you might try to disable and see if the patch prompt still shows up or not.
        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...