Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PCaravan
    • Jun 2002

playback quality

I'm using WinDVD in windows XP to play DVDs to my TV. The picture at times is not near the quality of normal TV. It's mostly noticeable the picture has a large area of one color gradually fading to another. These areas will have long blocky lines that separate one color from another instead of gradually fading from one color to another. I don't think it's a computer performance problem as this computer is well above the minimum requirements that this website says is needed. Does anybody know how to fix this or is this something that I'll just have to deal with when using a PC to playback DVDs to a TV?
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Try changeing the color depth on you desktop.

I'am quite sure how this works in winXP, but in win98/2k you right click anywhere on the desktop background, select properties and go to the settings tab.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• PCaravan
      • Jun 2002

Thanks, but I've tried that already

Comment

• hippocampus
        • Jun 2002

I have the same problem with divX movies. It only occurs in some movies. It seems not to depend on the used divX codec or the framerate.
        Besides it occurs only in Windows Media Player and not in BsPlayer.
        Does anyone has an idea?

Comment

• hippocampus
          • Jun 2002

ok, I just read in another thread, that DivX 5 does not support 16bit color depth, so I chanched it to 24bit -
          and the quality is ok now!
          But this in probably not the solution for the problem of PCaravan, because a DVD does not use the DivX codec.

Comment

• PCaravan
            • Jun 2002

No codec is not the problem. I get this no matter what program I'm using or what kind of file I'm playing, I just used the DVD as an example because that should be the best quality. I'm sure it's some kind of computer setting that I haven't thought to try.

Comment

• contaygious
              • Sep 2004

anyone figure this out i have the same exact issue

Comment

Working...