Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jenova314
    • Jun 2002

Region-free with PowerDVD or WinDVD?

hey there i'm new here so wondering if you all could help me out...

i'm running winXP right now and am trying to use DVD Genie 4.05 (newest i think) to get region-free functions with either WinDVD 2.3 or PowerDVD. however, i found out about dvd genie all too late, because i've used up all my "region-change before permanent" option. apparently, dvd genie doesn't seem to help anymore perhaps because of that.

anybody have any ideas? i've read of a program or a registry code for windows that resets the region-change back up to 4 (or was it 5). is this making any sense to anybody?
  • cham
    • Jun 2002

Hello,

I have also installed XP with WinDVD 3.2, DVD genie 4.05 4.10 does not reset the counter, even though I have 2 remaining region changes.

Would appreciate your help.

Cham

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

You need to flash the firmware of your DVD drive and make it region-free (RPC-1). Only then can you get an unlimited number of region changes for the drive.

I'm not an experienced player in this (having owned and region-freed only one DVD drive so far), but anyway, after flashing my drive, changing regions is as simple as just telling PowerDVD of it. I have no need for DVD Genie.

p.s. Check this site out.

Comment

• irvie
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Enchanter
        You need to flash the firmware of your DVD drive and make it region-free (RPC-1). Only then can you get an unlimited number of region changes for the drive.

I'm not an experienced player in this (having owned and region-freed only one DVD drive so far), but anyway, after flashing my drive, changing regions is as simple as just telling PowerDVD of it. I have no need for DVD Genie.

p.s. Check this site out.
        Hi there!
        I am new here too. I did some research and found some firmwares for my DVD rom (Toshiba SD-R1202). I dont know which one to pick to flash in to my drive. Can anyone help??? Please???

Comment

• fengtao
          • Mar 2002

You should try the software "DVD Region-Free" at http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm

You don't need flash any firmware, the software doesn't touch the Region Counter too, but you can watch all region DVDs with it. Have a try!

Best Regards,
          Fengtao
          DVD Region+CSS Free - Remove any DVD copy protection, such as Region, CSS, Sony ARccOS, etc.
          DVDFab - DVD copy software, copy DVD to DVDR perfectly!
          DVDIdle - Extend lifetime of your DVD drive!
          http://www.dvdidle.com/

Comment

Working...