Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scrier
    • Jun 2002

Pioneer DVD-rom DVD-116 problem

I have used up my 5 tries now on region and have it locked on region 3.. Well now this aint the region I want it to be and when trying the patched 1.09 RPC-1 Firmware install a couple of times there is still nothing.. anyone who knows how to make a factory restart or am I forgetting to do something ?
  • Jayceedj
    • Jun 2002

I've had the same problem. It depends what software player you are using but they alter the windows registry so that even if your firmware is region free the software locks it. I've got PowerDVD and this is whats happened to me. If I find out any more i'll keep you posted.

Comment

• Scrier
      • Jun 2002

I'm using powerdvd too.. shall i uninstall it and then run the patch ?

Comment

• joegib
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Dec 2001

Flashing patched firmware is only half the job. You also need to use a program to overcome region-protection in your software player. For that you can use DVD Genie or Region Killer.

Comment

• fengtao
          • Mar 2002

Hi Scrier,

All you need is "DVD Region-Free", you can watch all region DVDs on your RPC2 DVD drive even if it has been locked.

You don't need flash any firmware which is sometimes dangerous or useless.

You can download it at http://www.dvdidle.com/download/DVDRegionFree10.exe

Best Regards,
          Fengtao
          Last edited by fengtao; 30 Jul 2002, 04:28 PM.
          DVD Region+CSS Free - Remove any DVD copy protection, such as Region, CSS, Sony ARccOS, etc.
          DVDFab - DVD copy software, copy DVD to DVDR perfectly!
          DVDIdle - Extend lifetime of your DVD drive!
          http://www.dvdidle.com/

Comment

Working...