X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rat1pins
    • Dec 2001

DVD Copy Question

Hi

I have a question about DVD copying, and the talk about creating a 'Backup' copy of a DVD onto your hard drive.

I hear both can be done without buying those $500-$20,000 DVD stand-alone professional copy machine hardwares. The question I have, is how?

I have a Pentium III, 500+mhz, 1.46gig RAM, etc etc. Outdated, but not too outdated. It came with a DVD/CD rom drive and a CD-Writer drive. I tested the copy ability on audio CDs and it worked great. But I haven't had luck trying to copy DVD's. It's my understanding there is code in the DVDs to prevent it.

I don't want to start a pirate ring of DVD selling... I just thought the idea of renting a DVD, liking it, and creating a copy on your hard drive or on another CD sounded pretty cool. Money saving too.

There is a way to get around the manufacturer's code and successfully copy (in some form) a DVD movie. Can you tell me how?

I've surfed for hours looking at sites, but this is the first one I've hit that doesn't require $30 or more dollars just to answer a few questions.

If you could email me or put a post on this board, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Click on "Digital Digest" at the bottom of this page ;>}

Comment

Working...