Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dazed.dnc
    • Aug 2008

8500dv capture problems

I had an old AIW 8500dv and some other spare parts laying around, so I tried to build a TiVo type system. While I can watch live TV via any of the 8500dv's inputs just fine, trying to record anything results in either a crash or corrupted file. I have tried ATI's media center versions 7.10 through 9.03 and a mixture of driver versions as well. So far I've gotten the best results with the 6.14 set of drivers and mmc8.9 or 9.03. With this combination, ending a recording at least doesn't lock up the PC. However, the resulting files are always 20-50kb in size. I've tried mpeg-2, avi, wmv, and ATI's vcr formats. The file size changes slightly, but any codec generally does the same thing. Today I tried capturing with virtualdub. When I played back the file, I could hear all the audio from the show - which is the best result I've had yet - but was still missing video. Has anyone else had/beaten this problem? I've thought about getting a new tuner, but the reviews haven't looked to favorable for anything in the sub-$100 range.
Working...