Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jon Davis
    • Jun 2007

errors

First I'm new at this so bear with me...

Ok I have been able to make images of a couple projects fine combining smaller videos.

But I have a four hour video that I can't seem to get to work.
    I then tried a smaller video and it failed also.

I uninstalled DVD Flick, cleared all the cache, reinstalled then tried first on the smaller video which worked fine.

But then I tried the 4 hour video again, and the same errors came up.
    I tried the above process again and went right to make the image of the 4 hr video, again the same errors.

Anyone know what might be causing these errors, this happens when it goes to combine the audio and video...

GetDriveLayOut: CreateFile fail !
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

and

An error occured during the encoding process
    -1 from MuxStreams TCMPLEX: File was not multiplexed.

In the end what I want to do is get this 4hr video on a DVD. I have to use the double layer setting on DVD Flick. I'm hoping if I can get this image so that I can use DVD Shrink to get it on a single layer DVD.

I tried to split the MPG video using another program but the file size went from about 600mb for one file to 30gb on two files almost using up all my hard drive.

So was hoping this method would work, but now these errors, maybe there is a simpler way to do this, I don't know.

Jon
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

are the problem files from a digital cam(interlaced as opposed to progressive)
    whatever the heck that means?

Comment

• Jon Davis
      • Jun 2007

No, this file was downloaded from Google Videos, you can tell this was originally on a VHS that was copied over to be put on the net.

I was able to convert it from flv to mpg using another program without any problems.

Comment

• Jon Davis
        • Jun 2007

This is not fun but I am getting somewhere...

I got the 4hr movie converted to some DVD data files (think thats what they are called) using this program...

SoThinkMedia is a professional review websites for all kinds of video related topics and articles.

The files end in vob and bup

Are these the files DVD Shrink are supposed to open.
        If they are then for some reason I can't open them?

I was also able to convert those files to iso using this program...

But again DVD Shrink does not shrink iso files and the file is 5.81gb and to big to burn.

So I guess my question is do I need to convert to another type of file to be able to shrink them?

If so what program do I use to do this with?
        Or what kind of files does DVD Shrink work with?

Comment

• Jon Davis
          • Jun 2007

Never mind, it appears shrink does support iso files.
          That file is just corrupted or something so I guess that program did not convert it correctly even though it said success.

Back to square one

Jon Davis

Comment

Working...