Problem while creating DVD. Please help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usgirl
    • Aug 2007

Problem while creating DVD. Please help!

Hi All,

When I click on Create DVD, a pop up comes up and says "There is not enough space available in Drive E: to create your DVD. You need at least 9768 Megabytes of free space available to complete the encoding. Are you sure you want to continue?"

I was looking at the pictures in the guide and they have about the same numbers as I do but they never say anything about that kind of info popping up. Does any of you what this is all about?

Also, For project destination folder, i just browse for the DVD drive right? so it will be E:\ right? (my dvd burning drive is E not D) Or must I create a folder in drive E that says DVD Flick so that my project destination folder will be E:\DVD Flick?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

9768 Megabytes of free space
    how many hours of video is this?

Comment

• usgirl
      • Aug 2007

It's less than 2 hours. On the right side of DVD flick : Harddisk space required is 9 thousand something Mb...but the disk space used is about 4,120. So it's still within range but it still refuses to burn - saying that I don't have enough space. Is it because it's for dual layer burning? Or do I have to shrink the file? How do I do that?

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

forget the guides for now

go into project settings
        set target size for dvd 4.3 gig
        output ntsc(for usa)
        uncheck create iso and burn disk
        make default and accept

start your project and then browse and name a folder for the output to your hard drive

Comment

Working...