Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonnyD
    • Mar 2008

Problem with adding subtitles to .avi with DVD Flick

I followed instructions from DVD Flick guide to add .srt file to conversion process with .avi file. The film's audio is in english with occasional russian spoken (the subtitles are english for the russian speaking parts).

I added the .avi file, hit edit and added the .srt file, converted to DVD file. I then dropped my resulting DVD folder into Nero and burned a disk. No subtitles on the russian parts. Any sugestions?
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

I then dropped my resulting DVD folder into Nero and burned a disk.
    Did the DVD file show the subs when played in ur PC (before dropping in Nero) ?
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• pbb
      • Mar 2008

Sometimes (VLC & PowerDVD) it is necessary to find the menu option to enable display of the sub-titles. Your Nero app. may be the same.

Comment

• pbb
        • Mar 2008

Now that I re-read your original post I see that I thought you were playing the DVD with Nero. My comment still holds, but applies to whichever PC app. you might use to watch the DVD.

Comment

• jonnyD
          • Mar 2008

I could not get VLC to play my .avi file with the subtitles showing. I figured, however, that if I added the .srt file into DVD FLick (in the edit function as it says in the guide) for the transcoding to a DVD file, it wouldn't matter if they showed up in VLC or not because I thought the transcoding in DVD Flick would combine the two files into one functional DVD file. It seems now in retrospect that if the subtitles don't show up during playback before transcoding, there's already a problem that won't be solved during transcoding. What's the next step?

Comment

Working...