X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bcbruno
    • May 2008

Creating a dvd with episodes

Hi,

I'm trying to burn several tv episodes to a dvd using dvd flick, but it keeps combining them into one """movie""". How do I get around this.

What I'm looking for is a kind of menu that you get when you use Nero Vision or ConvertxtoDVD.

I'd preder to use DVD Flick, as it has improved the quality tremendously, and this is to be a gift to my Dad. It's a HIGE download and I'd like to transfer it and get it off my computer asap.

Thanks and I'm sorry my first post has to be asking (begging) for help.

MRS bcbruno
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Try FAVC simple menu
    sigpic

Comment

• bcbruno
      • May 2008

Will look into it, but does it have the 2nd encoding option that dvd flick has. Got to tell you, the quality improvement is amazing. Would rather try to figure out the "menu" problem and keep that quality.

Cheers

Comment

• NightTran
        King of Digital Video
        King of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

the quality is just as good, those are only two program I use to make DVD
        sigpic

Comment

• bcbruno
          • May 2008

Ok....I assume these are necessary?...See, I really WAS looking into it

""""Two requirements:
          1) Must have Avisynth v2.56a, or later, installed. (2.57 Recommended.) Download
          2) Must have the .NET framework Version 2 installed. """""

Comment

• NightTran
            King of Digital Video
            King of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

just follow instruction I am sure they will work, very simple menu, you can make the first picture from your episode, I use HC encoder they are good
            Last edited by NightTran; 20 May 2008, 10:46 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

• bcbruno
              • May 2008

Thanks. Will give it a go and let you know how things work out.

Hope my next visit will be to help!

Comment

• bcbruno
                • May 2008

Apparently not so simple. Can't get FAVC to work...some kind of error in (jit)?

Help? Must give it up for today but will check back as soon as I can.

Also, still no ideas on the dvdflick?

Cheers

Comment

• NightTran
                  King of Digital Video
                  King of Digital Video
                  • Aug 2005

dvd flick can't make menu, I did not got it first time either you can read again the instruction again and again just follow step by step, each program have different affect but the encoders are all very good just take advantage of what you want

all the stuff have to be in that folder FAVC ?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Westly32
                    • Jun 2006

Originally Posted by bcbruno
                    Hi,

I'm trying to burn several tv episodes to a dvd using dvd flick, but it keeps combining them into one """movie""". How do I get around this.

What I'm looking for is a kind of menu that you get when you use Nero Vision or ConvertxtoDVD.

I'd preder to use DVD Flick, as it has improved the quality tremendously, and this is to be a gift to my Dad. It's a HIGE download and I'd like to transfer it and get it off my computer asap.

Thanks and I'm sorry my first post has to be asking (begging) for help.

MRS bcbruno
                    What is the file format of the episodes you want converted?
                    If it's an AVI or Media Center recording, you could use the trial version of Video Redo. http://www.videoredo.com/en/Download.htm
                    It will allow you to edit, create a simple menu then burn to disc.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                      Eclectician
                      • Nov 2006

Try the beta

Originally Posted by bcbruno
                      Will look into it, but does it have the 2nd encoding option that dvd flick has. Got to tell you, the quality improvement is amazing. Would rather try to figure out the "menu" problem and keep that quality.

Cheers
                      DVD Flick beta has an easy Menu Maker:

There are a few video input formats(some .wmv videos I tried) where Flick may not work and you have to use the stable release, but for most stuff(such as .avi files) I find it works better than 1.2.2.1

It makes a sort of 2 stage menu(I've only tried one template since that works ok for me. I don't know if they all work the same.) But when you get to title selection it has still pics for buttons and you can put a caption for that menu page. Don't forget to check the box that says "activate menu" or something similar. Otherwise when the authoring is done, the menu won't be there!!

Comment

Working...