Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmarja
    • Mar 2003

Playing Films on the TV

I have had to recently reinstall my PC with XP Prof.
    Anyway I ususally piped my downloaded films to a TV. I have managed to install XVID and Nimo and Various other Codecs so the film will play.

Basically the films play perfectly on my monitor, but on my TV screen, I get the picture in glorious colour and the Audio is perfect but if I try to play the film I get a blank screen inside the movie player software, and I have tried a few pieces of software. Although on my monitor I can see the film fine, but not on the TV.

The only thing I have not done yet, is installed the original Xvid codec, rather than one that I recently downloaded. Has anyone else had this problem, where they can see their monitor screen on their TV, but films being played are a blank screen, its so annoying.
  • Qyd
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Oct 2002

What video card do you use?
    I had the same problem with a Geforce2, untill I descovered that if I set 'monitor 2' as full screen device the video will be rendered normally on TV (and full screen). Threre's also TVTool for nVidia cards.

Comment

• pmarja
      • Mar 2003

My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX400 card, however I have used TVTool, (latest version), and done the decent thing and paid £7.20 for the shareware license and all problems have disappeared, I can view all on the TV.

Its strange because in the past I was able to view films before, and I have tried using older drivers and codecs.
      Tvtool worked 1st time straight off, no mucking about and no real configuring.

Comment

Working...