Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pinkfloyd81
    • Jan 2002

macrovision blues

I have an old pace 3d edge using the voodoo banshee drivers version 1.0.3 with tv-out ...but i`ve got the old macrovision troubles ..is there anything i can do about it, i`ve got a dvd i really want to put on video tape ......can anyone help ?
  • romulys
    • Feb 2002

I would say the best method is

1. Rip DVD using SmartRipper. Make sure DMacrovision is checked.

2. Save as AVI file using MPEG Mediator.

3. Play AVI file using The Playa which comes with DIVX 4.11 Bundle.

The best solution for playing directly from DVD -ROM and taping
    is the ATI DVD player which came with my ATI graphics card.
    Since it is base on the Cinemaster player I downloaded DLL's from
    an older version which allows Macrovision to be removed. I installed these DLL's over the DLL's for the ATI version of the player.
    The Rage128tweaker allows you to turn off the Macrovision on the ATI DVD player if the old DLLs are installed.

Of course this is only useful if you have an ATI card.
    And this wont work for the new player for XP so I have to
    stick with ME.

Comment

• pinkfloyd81
      • Jan 2002

thanx dude i`ll give it a try and let you know !!

Comment

• FlashIFO
        • Feb 2002

tv-out with no macrovision

I have a laptop, so there is no driver available to remove directly the macrovision. Here what I do to play my dvd without macrovision: I use a ripper (clad dvd v2.0 or dvd decrypter) to put my dvd on my hard drive (you need between 5 to 9 gig of free space), the full dvd must be selected and in the option select remove macrovision and don't skip multi-angles. the destination must be something like this c:\VIDEO_TS ... once the rip is done, you can play it directly with windvd 3.0 or newer, cinemaster99. there is an other tric to play it with the free software zoom player 2.3 or newer, which I prefer because zoom player is optimize for tv-out. The tric is you have to have a dvd movie in your dvd drive any ... it does't matter wich movie it is, when you start zoom player in dvd mode and press play, it will play the movie in c:\VIDEO_TS.

Comment

Working...