• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

Dual View Nvidia.

ok I have a Nvidia Geforce 2 MX I have my TV hooked up via s-video out and I have a regular monitor hooked up on the VGA output. I have my card set up for dual view. So basically I can take windows media player drag it on to the TV screen hit full screen watch the video and be surfing the internet on the other monitor without any interference. Now when I tried to play swordfish on the TV screen WinDVD showed it up blank but when I drug it back to the reuglar PC monitor it showed up fine. Is there a way I can get around this?
  • OsoMarron
    • Oct 2003

i think it has to do with overlay mode... i had a similar problem with all my media players (powerdvd, winamp, wmp...) some time ago. try updating your nvidia drivers, it worked for me
    codecs.. all the codecs you can get...
    what for? anime! what else?

Comment

• Ricki K
      • Jan 2004

I had almost exactly the same problem. I've got a Asus Radeon 9200se, whenever I had connected the TV (Via Either composite or S-Video) and the monitor the second wouldn't work at all. I had to "Force the TV to be detected in the: Display Properties - Settings tab - (with the Primary Monitor Highlighted) Advanced Button - Displays Tab. After that the TV did come on, I found the best quality to be when using BOTH the S-Video and the Composite Cables. The next trouble was when viewing a Video, on the second screen the movie pane in Media Player was blank! I found through about 100 sub menu's I found "Theatre Mode". When this is used, each time a Movie clip is viewed the TV goes full screen and the monitor stays as normal so you can continue to use it as normal! - The IDEAL answer!! to get to this go: Display Properties - Settings tab - (with the Primary Monitor Highlighted) Advanced Button - Overlay Tab - Clone Button, then Threatre Mode is one of the options. Note you will have to have TV working as previously mentioned otherwise all the options in the clone page will be greyed out. Hope this helps, it was driving me mad for a while!

Comment

• arie_sweden
        • Feb 2004

Dual view problem TV & Monitor

Been hacking for weeks now, can't solve this problem:

I like to have dual view with my monitor and a tv connected to s-video out.
        If both TV and Monitor are connected to pc, I get dual view until widows starts up (I see boot up on both!).
        My video card is NVIDIA GEFORCE FX5600, which should support dual view.

I would love to be able to work on my pc, while my kids watch a divx movie on tv.

Anyone that could pitch me some hints will be highly appreciated and get a special spot in our familys hall of fame....

Comment

• Quality's Proof
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jan 2004

arie_sweden'

try dvdrhelp.com for a hack and/or lead.

I have a G-Force that has no problems.
          Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• emperorwhite
            • Feb 2004

Ive also had similar problems. I recently upgraded to WinXP and found I had to update my NVIDIA drivers for duelview etc. to work properly. But now when using these newest drivers, Windows Media Player cant play DVD's but WinDVD is still fine. I think its got something to do with the video overlay settings, but I still cant fix it.

Anyway, Im now using some older drivers (Ive got a GeForce2 MX btw) so I can play DVDs in WMP, Ive got a tv connected via s-video. When I drag WMP to the tv and try to play full screen the video goes blank but WMP is still visible and monitor goes full screen instead. How can I fix this?? I was hoping maybe some new drivers (but not the very newest ones) might fix this.

You might ask, why just not use WinDVD instead. Well now is where it gets complicated, I cant get any audio to work on my WinDVD so its basically useless.

My ideal solution would be to use the newest NVIDIA drivers and get WMP to work somehow. Does anyone know how to do this??

Comment

• decryptit
              • Jan 2004

Just update your drivers and see if it helps
              Total Number Of Views
              Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

Working...