W2000 Macrovision Free - Help Me Please!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biggsa
    • Feb 2002

W2000 Macrovision Free - Help Me Please!

Howdy folks,

I'm running Windows 2000 on a Compaq M300 laptop which has an ATI RAGE MOBILITY -P AGP video card. My current player is WinDVD.

Not only does this not enable viewing of macrovision titles through my video, it also blocks me from using my TV on an SVCD title I have.

All of the links I have found lead to Cinemaster, but all of the install advise seems to be based on W95/98 (i.e. "install into x:/windows/system" is not valid for W2000 which uses NT folder system).

Can anyone give me the definitive answer to being able to overcome this?

Any help you can give will be greatly apprieciated.

Thanks in advance.

Aden
  • Dingo
    • May 2002

Do it the easy way (no hacks, no expense)

Took me four hours hassling myself (including finding your mail) for my N400c with W2K.
    Then I did what I (we) should have done first. Checked with Compaq Support site, downloaded the new video drivers (where it says, it covers some issues with Macrovision), install it - voila
    Since I can watch DivX, SVCD, DVD - on the computer, the TV, on a beamer - no trouble.

So here I am again (fortunately not too many messages on Compaq issues in this forum) - have fun

Comment

• Dingo
      • May 2002

Direct link to files

http://www.compaq.com/support/files/...load/9464.html
      Grml
      In the driver update for your Armada, it does NOT mention Macrovision . You may TRY with the driver used on the Evo N400c being found at http://www.compaq.com/support/files/...oad/10857.html
      My best guess. Sorry if I was too enthustiastic about it
      Last edited by Dingo; 6 May 2002, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Working...