Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zapper
    • Jan 2003

thanks brosbros,

I installed yesterday WDM 1.12, 1.16, 1.19, 1.20, 1.22 in that order and with and without tvtools. Nothing worked against macrovosion.

D/L the 1.08 now from

Tägliche IT-News, Testberichte über Grafikkarten, Prozessoren, Notebooks, Smartphones und anderen Komponenten rund um PC-Hardware für Profis und Gamer.

and report to you later. Did anyone find another solution to that problem? 1.12 and 1.16 didnt work on my GF4 4200, these WDMs were simply not "found" by the video grabber software. Hope I have more luck with the 1.08, since I am now using the latest detonators and maybe they are not compatible anymore...

zap

Comment

• zapper
      • Jan 2003

worx!

Thanks brosbros, all!

WDM 1.08 (though hard to find on the net) is working without the darned white rectangle. Obviously they "forgot" to program it into this old release.

1.08 works fine, but the picture quality of the newer (especially 1.22) drivers seem a little bit better to me. You can see differences in areas of a single color, where the old driver produces kind of Moiree effects.

But at least with those drivers I can capture the old VHS cassettes...

So thx again to you all,
      zapper

Comment

• lordkarma
        • Jan 2003

Well,

Your ill has struck me as well ... damn white triangle right in the center of my capture and it is driving me nuts. I've acquired an old vcr which didnt help, someone told me to get a RF modulator and try to run the signal through that didnt help, I've tried two dif video enhancers and that was a no go. I am going to try and find some old video drivers and see if that might work. I am running a leadtek A280LE vivo edition. If anyone has more insight on this please drop me a line. I know this post is really old but still full of good insight.

CHEERS!

Comment

• lordkarma
          • Jan 2003

Hey,

I just thought I would pass this info along since it was such a pain in the ass for me as well. I have a leadtek A280LE VIVO edition video card and when I capture w/vcr I got a nice white box blocking out my picture as you guys were talking about. I went and changed my WDM nvida driver to 1.08 which is an older driver and now I have no trouble with macrovision/copy protection. Hope this helps someone down the road like it helped me.

Comment

• ezman
            • May 2004

so far so good

I've gotten it to work without the white rectangle problem. My setup:

Geforce4 Ti4600
            WDM driver 2.18 from Gainward site
            56.72 driver package for WinXP from NVidia site
            latest BIOS 4.25.00.37 (not sure if this is absolutely necessary to update. Need to make a bootable floppy to run the nvflash program.)
            Going in through S-Video from my Sony Hi-8 camera.

WDM 1.08 also worked for me, but the picture quality is noticeably less than 2.18.

Comment

• ezman
              • May 2004

i found that i still get the white rectangle if my video cam tape was recorded in LP mode. SP works fine.

Comment

Working...