Don't know where to ask this...video capturing?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IOG
    • Jul 2002

Don't know where to ask this...video capturing?

I'm having a problem here. I have the ATI TV Wonder VE on a WinXP system with the latest version of DirectX. I'm trying to capture video with VirtualDubVCR (VirtualDub with capture timer by Joe Redfish)

Essentially, it works. But I't:
    A) Won't change reolution at all - I can't set it to bigger OR smaller than 320x240.

B) (Timer issue I can't set the channel to be recorded! I can set the time, filename, etc, but I can't set the channel...huh?

Otherwise, it's working PERFECTLY! So, if anybody could help, that would be...uhhh....helpful...

Thank you ^_^
  • Apnoea
    • Mar 2002

For full support of the ATI card, the ATI software that came with the card is probably a good idea.

However, with VDub, you might be able to change channels through menus-
    video->format or source
    or at least I used to be able to- I'm using a generic BT848 (MM100PCTV) and had to trawl the net for working XP drivers.
    Re: resolution- try the same menus... you should be able to change it though. Does it work with the ATI software?

PowerVCR might be more suited to your needs- I understand it lets you set recording times/dates/channel etc.
    I haven't used it myself yet though- maybe next week.

Apnoea

Comment

• IOG
      • Jul 2002

A) I'm using the ATI drivers, but not the ATI software (the ATI software SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS) It freezes constantly, and says that it drops more than 1000% of frames. What it ends up with is one frame and the audio...but it just stays with one frame.

B) I already knew how to change the channels through the menu, but, then, I can't record more than one channel, so it's not really a solution, it'll only let me record shows on one channel...

C) Errrrrm, still can't change the res. I discovered that I can make it anything by 240, but not by 480....bizarre.....

D) I'll try PowerVCR...

Comment

• IOG
        • Jul 2002

OK, new question, same subject:

I'm still using VD, PowerVCR doesn't work...I'll just deal with the channel problem, and the resolution isn't really that bad (320x240 is OK, it'll play smoother anyway *shrugs*)

However....
        The audio skips. Very annoying. Hard to listen to it. If I put the video through VD and change the framerate so that vid & audio durations match, they don't quite match, because the audio is skippy. I tried to put up the buffer, but it won't even let me put on a buffer! Bizarre...

Anybody know why it does this?

Comment

• IOG
          • Jul 2002

Ooops, answered my own question! If I don't compress the audio (PCM) it works...but that's sort of, errrm, bad. Well, again I'll learn to deal with it X-D.

However, if anybody can still help me get the audio to match...WITH a compressor, that'd be very helpful!

Comment

• IOG
            • Jul 2002

I downloaded the newest version, and now it works!!!! YAY!

I'm so HAPPY!

Thanks everybody ^_^

Comment

• Apnoea
              • Mar 2002

Glad you got it sorted- I would have posted sooner but installing winXP got pretty ugly..
              Apnoea

Comment

Working...