Is it that nobody haves an answer or that nobody knows.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RiskyOne
    • Jul 2002

Is it that nobody haves an answer or that nobody knows.....

I have searched and searched just to come up empty handed! What is it about the M2Vor M2P codec that nobody ever gives some good solid information? Well, maybe somebody here can change that and help me.

I understand a M2V is a Mpeg2 video file right? And a M2P is usually a Mpeg2 audio file correct? That I understand I and agree. How then, do they make those M2V or M2P video files that have both video and sound available for download at newsgroups, mIRC, or certain web sites?
    Here is a direct link to such a file if you want to see yourself.

I am looking for a program that creates these files or the method one uses to create them with programs such as Tmpgenc.
    I got some VOB files I would like to turn into either a M2Vor M2P format. Thanks in advanced!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

They're simply putting an extension of ".M2V" onto an MPEG (video and audio) file. One could just as easily add an extension of ".TXT", ".DAT", ".JPG", ".XYZ", ."PHONYBALONEY", etc. The extension doesn't MAKE the file a certain format...

Comment

• RiskyOne
      • Jul 2002

Really is that all they do???????

But to make them play that big and that quality it haves to be the first rip of the vob file right? I mean I can see getting a vob file extract the audio and sound and make those two into a mpeg and then change extension. The same though, wouldn't appy for copies of already movie formats cuz would lose quality right? In other words I couldn't take an already made 320 X 244 mpeg with not so good quality and expect to make a crystal clear 420 x 420 m2v or m2p right? Oh yeah thanks for your feedback!

Comment

Working...