Burning from DAT or DLT tape to DVD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Jul 2002

Burning from DAT or DLT tape to DVD

We have a G-4, but as of yet, no DVD burner. I have a couple questions. First of all, will it work if we purchase an external burner and hook it up? Secondly, Will we have the capability of taking the information on a DAT or DLT tape and burning it to a DVD? (data only, no music or movies) I am talking about burning dirctly from the tape drive without having to first copy it to another device?

Thanx
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

I don't think this will be possible.

But of course I have absolutly no experience with a G4 so I could be wrong.

I think the problem will be that the DVD burning software can only write files from a mounted filesystem to the DVD.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• MrH0TT
      • Jul 2002

Burning files from your DLT directly to your DVD shouldn't be an issue. Providing your DLT has a Drive letter issued to it. And yes, and External DVD will work just fine...it'll cost you more $$$...but it'll work just fine.

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

Originally posted by MrH0TT
        Burning files from your DLT directly to your DVD shouldn't be an issue. Providing your DLT has a Drive letter issued to it.
        Oh, you can mount tape drives as a file system on a G4 ?, I did not know that.
        Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
        http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

I'd suggest that you might obtain more meaningful information at a Mac-specific forum...

Comment

Working...