Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DirtyCzech
    • Jun 2002

Zoolander audio rip problem

i ripped the dvd for Zoolander and keep running into the same problem with the audio. once its ripped, Vob 1-3 contain the proper dialog track, Vob 4 has the French dialog track, and Vob 5 has the director commentary track. i noticed this problem after ripping the dvd and playing the ripped vob files with windvd. any idea how to correct this problem or prevent it from happening again?

thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If you've ripped the ENTIRE DVD (including all .IFO and .BUP files, as well as the .VOBs) and play it as a DVD (rather than playing individual .VOBs), you won't have this problem...

Comment

• DirtyCzech
      • Jun 2002

actually, I did rip the entire DVD including .bup and .ifo files and i first noticed this problem when i was watching it as a dvd off my harddrive when all of a sudden the dialog changed to french. i figured away around this is for .vob 4 and 5 try extracting each individual track for the correct one. thats also a rather time consuming process i was trying to find a way around.

thanks

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I've ripped Zoolander to hard drive and played it as an artificial DVD (by running a batch file, "subst M: D:\Movie) with WinDVD - and experienced NO language change throughout.

1) If, in fact, you were playing it as a DVD from your hard drive, how would you know which .VOB was playing (DVD players indicate chapters, not .VOBs)?

2) What software did you use to play the hard drive version of the DVD?

Comment

• DirtyCzech
          • Jun 2002

actually i used windvd for playback from my harddrive. i noticed which .vob had which dialog when i opened each individual .vob in windvd. during playback of the entire movie the dialog just changed to french and i was like "wtf??".

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"i noticed which .vob had which dialog when i opened each individual .vob in windvd"

Then you are NOT playing it back as a "DVD" from your hard drive. You must play it back as a "DVD" ((by running a batch file or typing in the "Run" box under the desktop's "Start" button, "subst M: D:\Movie". In this example, I have a folder/directory named "Video_ts", containing ALL of the Zoolander DVD files, in a folder named "Movie") in order for the audio and video information to be properly interpreted (read from the .IFO files) by the software DVD player. If you've ripped the ENTIRE DVD, all of the audiostreams (English, other, Director's commentary) are present.

If you are successful at playing it back as a "DVD" from your hard drive, you'll have all of the menu options available to you under WinDVD, just as you would by playing the real DVD...
            Last edited by setarip; 29 Jul 2002, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Working...