Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WeenBoy
    • Apr 2002

Split AVI- NOT A SYNC PROBLEM

Just made 1 long Divx of American History X. Now I split them in 2 for 2 CD's. Problem is the first AVI started and ended exactly where I told it to, the second one started about 5 seconds BEFORE where I told it to. I even opened the second one and told it to cut off that 5 seconds it "accidentally" added, but the clip it produced STILL had those 5 seconds! What is it, not listening?

(It's set to direct stream copy on video and audio and the sound is sync'ed fine on the original and both clips, the only problem is it's JUST that it started 5 seconds early on the second avi and keeps doing it, no matter how many times I re-split it...)
    Last edited by WeenBoy; 30 Jul 2002, 05:54 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

VirtualDub is making sure that you start at a keyframe. When you initially split your file, you should make certain that the first section ends on a keyframe. Then start your second part at that same keyframe...

Comment

• WeenBoy
      • Apr 2002

You mean like...

... start 00000 end 80074 - save avi1
      start 80075 end 180094 - save avi2

?

but even if this is true, why won't it let me cut just the messed up avi? i open it seperately (as an avi) and splice of the first 5 seconds and it just doesn't. I'd think after i split it, trimming that second one, would be a seperate issue....

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"start 00000 end 80074 - save avi1
        start 80075 end 180094 - save avi2"

Close, but no cigar. If, in fact, frame 80074 is a keyframe,

start 00000 end 80074 - save avi1
        start 80075 end 180094 - save avi2

"i open it seperately (as an avi) and splice of the first 5 seconds and it just doesn't"

Once again, VirtualDub forces the cuts to keyframes (Default under DivX v.3.11 is every 10 seconds)...

Comment

• WeenBoy
          • Apr 2002

thanks, is there anyway...

.. that I can NOT cut it on a keyframe? If I cut it on a keyframe it would cut it RIGHT in the middle of something.

Comment

• WeenBoy
            • Apr 2002

just studied

well apparently (after reading) I CANT cut inbetween keyframes... but the thing is on my last movie I cut it inbetween keyframes. I have moved frame to frame on the last movie right where I wanted to end it (so it would sync with sound and video i.e. a sound fade, picture fade...) why is this?

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

Perhaps THAT video was created with EVERY frame a keyframe (not very wise, but possible to do)...

Comment

• WeenBoy
                • Apr 2002

perhaps...

...unwise, but since I can't remember how I did it, how would I? or maybe I need to re compress it into two files from the beginning....

Comment

Working...