X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grathol
    • Jul 2002

PAL to NTSC conversion

'lo there,
    I have a DVD in PAL format, 720x526 resolution, 25 FPS - I'd like to convert it to the NTSC standard of 720x480, 29.97(?) FPS while still maintaining the menu structure, etc. of the DVD without losing any quality on the video and without downmixing the audio - I have successfully ripped all the VOB files off of the DVD, and I used flaskMPEG to remove the video and AC3 track. However, in MPG format from Flask, it is blurry when I burned it - I've left the computer doing it ripping the video into a full-frame uncompressed AVI format, for those of you who are familiar with this process, is this the correct way to do this without losing video? Also, what software do you recommend to recreate the VOB files so that I can use the existing menu, etc. on the disc? Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer.
  • ramimor
    • Aug 2003

here is what i did without loosing quality:
    first, use vobedit to demux the audio and video from vob to 2 seperate files.
    than i used ulead dvd workshop to create dvd ntsc from the video file, and attaching the audio to the video with that program gave me an excelent result.

Comment

• Oriphus
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Aug 2003

Check out here:

http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

Working...