Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joel.andersson
    • Aug 2002

divx in to divx

do sombody no how to encode divx 3.11 in to divx 4.xx or higher??
  • benedict
    Lord of the 4th Estate
    • Jun 2002

Probably only about 1,000 of us or so.

Given that you haven't asked a more specific question however, you probably should check out the tons of tutorials on this site (click "Home" above and then click "Tutorials"). They'll go a long way toward getting you started with DivX and just about anything else. Any of the programs mentioned in them are probably also available thru this site.

When you do run into something they can't answer for you, chances are someone here has had the problem before and can help you. Try the search function on this forum first. A couple of keywords, and any recent posts on it will pop right up. And don't be afraid to try the "Newbie" section either. A lot of the "pros" here keep tabs on that and make sure that the folks there get good answers too.

Also, if you didn't elect the E-mail option when you registered, go back and do it! ZERO SPAM! Just a quick line to notify you whenever a topic you've contributed to has news posts. A great way to keep up with what interests you.

Happy DivX !
    It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

• joel.andersson
      • Aug 2002

but a need a program that can do that....

its noo need to be inpolite!

Comment

• benedict
        Lord of the 4th Estate
        • Jun 2002

Not sure what offended you regarding my post. I noticed it was your first post here, and a lot of new folks aren't very aware of all the options available at this sight. Perhaps you were, and if that is the case, I can assure you that you are one of the rare ones. Certainly, I meant no offense.

As to programs, start with VirtualDub (available thru this site: Home ---> Software). There are lots of others, but this one has lots of power and is equally usable by anyone just starting out. Training wheels perhaps, but there's a Harley under its hood. Even if some of the "pros" here move on to other programs after a while, they still all keep this one in their toolbox and will frequently ask questioners to do this or that using it. An absolute essential. And best of all, it's free.
        It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

• joel.andersson
          • Aug 2002

thank you wery much...i have lookt for program lite 3 month now!!

Comment

• benedict
            Lord of the 4th Estate
            • Jun 2002

As you can see, there's an aweful lot of programs you can get here. Most are freeware.

A couple of more ideas for you as long as we're sitting here having a chat. If you download or trade files with friends, these two will be a help:

AVI-Info: Right click on an AVI file, click "AVI Information" and that's exactly what you get: lot's of it. You can even change some header info on the file and even preview it.

Movie-ID: Only been here for a month or two, and so not very popular yet. I love it. First, no install. Just place a shortcut to it on your desktop and drag-and-drop any video file on it and it will tell you all sorts of good stuff including where to get the codec. The desktop inconvenient? Add it to your "Send To" menu and you get the same deal.

Second (and the best part) is that it looks at the actual encoding of the file instead of the header. If the FourCC on the file is wrong, it'll tell you what the right one is.

Just a few suggestions. Others will have lots more. Hope mine help.

Comment

Working...