X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • benedict
    Lord of the 4th Estate
    • Jun 2002

Merging AVI w/ different FPS

I have six clips from a movie that I want to string together. The problem is that I got them from two different sources and their framerates do not match (9.990 fps vs. 14.985 fps (I kid you not!). Everything else is identical.

Obviously if I just change the framerates, it'll come out all screwy. So I have to start screwing with the frames themselves, and I'm seeing three options for that:

1) Dupe every second frame in the lower FPS clips,

2) Cut every third frame in the higher FPS clips, or

3) Dupe every frame in the higher FPS clips and triple every frame in the lower FPS clips.

Question 1: It seems to me that the 3rd option would produce the "smoothest" final product (i.e., would at least not increase the "jerkiness" already present in my input clips). Would this be a correct assumption? [Final filesize is not a consideration.]

Question 2: What would be my best bet (freeware) for automating this frame duping?

Question 3: Is it necessary (or even merely advisable) to split out my audio beforehand and then add it back in?
    It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.
Working...