Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SimplexAnonymou
    • Aug 2002

Frustrated beginner, please help me.

Ok, I'm a beginner in the field of DVD ripping and encoding, so bear with me.

I can rip the DVD just fine. The problem is encoding the .vob file to divx. I'm using the divx 5 codec and I'm not able to do 2-pass encoding with XMpeg. It'll do the whole process, but when I go to play the file with any player it doesn't work. Windows Media Player says it's an unknown file format, and the Divx Player just doesn't work at all. Any ideas what's going on? 1-Pass encoding works fine, but the file size is a little too big and the quality isn't good enough.

Also, I can't encode the audio into an MP3 with XMpeg when I try to encode the video and audio at the same time. It gives me an error "Some error has occured". But nothing more specific than that. Is there a better mp3 codec I should be using? I think I'm using the Radium one, or whatever its name is. But I can rip the audio into mp3 fine on its own. That's not a problem. If I could find a program that can merge an mp3 with the video I would be fine. Is there a program that can do that easily?

Please help.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"If I could find a program that can merge an mp3 with the video I would be fine. Is there a program that can do that easily?"

NanDub...

Comment

• Warlock
      • Jul 2002

Here is a simple soloution from start to finish.

1) Rip the DVD with FairUse, real easy to use for beginners.It rips the AVI and AC3 seperatly.
      2) Convert the AC3 file to MP3 using Beesweet. once again real easy and painless.
      3) Compile the AVI with MP3 using nandub.

Instructions and proggies can be found here ( us to be that is)

Comment

• Warlock
        • Jul 2002

^solution fewwwwww!! Spellchecker anyone?

Comment

• SimplexAnonymou
          • Aug 2002

Thanks a lot for your help. I've been working on getting everything to work for the past 2 weeks, to no avail. It's been very frustrating. But all I need is a simple little solution. That way I have somewere to go from there. Thanks a lot.

Comment

• Warlock
            • Jul 2002

Hope that helps and good luck!

Comment

• benedict
              Lord of the 4th Estate
              • Jun 2002

Warlock: No need to repost to correct spelling, etc. See that little "Edit" button at the lower right of your message? Just click and make changes directly to your original post.

[P.S. A friendly message from one who makes lots of spelllling mistakes!]
              It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

• Warlock
                • Jul 2002

Ahhh, Thanks benedict
                Lord knows i need all the help i can get in that department..lol

Comment

Working...