• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samifox
    • Jul 2002

Tv resolution vs Screen resulotion

Hi

I’ve graphic card (gforce) with Tv out,

I’ve avi and mpeg movies with horriable resulotion on my computer screen but in the television the resolution is greate,how come?

My work area set to 1024 x 768 , the televosion cant display all the work area,so its do auto panning, any why to fit the both work area with no auto paning (no 600 x 800)?

I tried TVTool ,its problematic.

Thanks
    Shay
  • Leo_C
    • Mar 2002

Your TV set looks better, but it's not!

The dot pitch (spacing between 'pixels' on a CRT) determines the maximum 'sharpness' of a picture.
    On a regular TV set it's something like .67and on a PC monitor its around .28 or .22
    So a PC monitor displays much sharper images.
    This means that the artefacts of compression will be reproduced with perfect clarity and sharpness on your monitor, but the TV set will blur the picture slightly, masking the poor quality image.

It's rather like doing a gaussian blur on a low res. JPEG to make it look better, or blurring your eyes to see something clearly.

Does that make any sense?

Leo

Comment

• Mark Madness
      • May 2002

In layman's terms.... Your TV isn't as sharp as a monitor so the flaws don't appear as easily. It's like when an ugly woman wears makeup. You can be fooled, but deep down you know in truth there is no beauty.

Comment

• benedict
        Lord of the 4th Estate
        • Jun 2002

So very jaded of you, Madness! True, but jaded.
        It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

• Mark Madness
          • May 2002

I am obese and I live in my basement eating hot pockets and diet cola. I have no girlfriend and watch DivX and DVDs on my 13" television with no remote (I lost it) and have cheeto crumbs in my bed. I listen to techno and barely see the light of day....ALL...WEEK...LONG. Of course I'm jaded!!!

PS. I do have a job at McDonald's but it's a hole with very little natural light.

Comment

• benedict
            Lord of the 4th Estate
            • Jun 2002

Personally, I prefer to brush my Cheetos crumbs onto the floor. The ants clean them up so much more quickly if you do that.
            It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

Working...