Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToiletDuck
    • Jul 2002

Water cooling CPUs

i know this chan is mostly about divx but there are a lot of intelligent computer users here so i figured what the heck. I was wondering how much waterflow I would need to cool two amd athlon xp 2000+'s, a graphics card, and the motherboard chip. I was told to look at eheim pumps. However I did find one pump called a Hydrothruster Q2 that pumps 1050 gph because it has two pump heads on it. one of either side. I was thinking of having one pump run a processor and Graphics card. And the other pump run a proceessor and the motherboard, possible a harddrive also. Well let me know what you think about this. Thanks...
    TD
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

I don't think you need much water flow.

I've had a 1Ghz Athlon on a 600 liters per hour eheim pump, the water temp doesn't change much, when passing through the water block.

What is important is that you get a good water block and radiator.

I used a copper maze cpu block, and rather big radiator.

My cpu temp was never above 33 degrees celcius, with a water temperature at 28 degrees. This was without using a fan on the radiator.

You can see pictures of the kit I used here.

It's in danish, but at least you can see the pictures.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• ToiletDuck
      • Jul 2002

Yea but a athlon XP 2k produces a lot more heat. And when you have two of them plus the graphics card and motherboard that's a whole lotta heat. But I could get a nicece big fat radiator.

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

Originally posted by ToiletDuck
        Yea but a athlon XP 2k produces a lot more heat.
        No, not really. the TBird 1000 mhz uses about 45-52w the newer xp 2000 processors uses 54-60, while the old palomino xp core uses 60-65w.

So you will get get maybe a 1.2degree increase in water temp as oppoes to just 1 degree.
        Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
        http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

Working...