Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nekton
    • Jun 2002

desperate

I know that I'm in the totally wrong place here but I really need some help with creating my logo. I've got a filter in virtualdub wich enables me to insert a bmp as a logo in the videos I create. In the help file wich comes with the filter it's explained that I can make a certain colour transparent.

From the help file:
    "Enable transparent color: Check this if you have made a transparent color zone in
    your bitmap
    . Then select the transparent color in the Red, Green, and Blue edit
    boxes. Full video shows in the transparent areas. The tolerance box allows you to
    specify a 'sloppiness' factor fo the match to the transparent color. As long as the
    difference between each color channel and the corresponding specified transparent color
    is not greater than the specified tolerance, then the color will be considered to be
    transparent. For example, if the tolerance is 10 and the specified transparent color is
    37:45:10, then a color 39:44:5 will be considered transparent, while a color 39:56:11
    will not be transparent (because one color channel's difference exceeds tolerance)."

Now I really need to know how to make a transparent colour zone in a bmp. I know this is kinda off-topic but since you were very helpful the last time I needed help I thought I'd ask you guys about this as well.

Many thanks in advance
    Nekton
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Now I really need to know how to make a transparent colour zone in a bmp."

A paint program, such as PaintShop Pro, will allow you to identify one color in your BMP image as "transparent"...

Comment

• Nekton
      • Jun 2002

I figured it out.

Check it out roud:

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Congratulations! Hope my information contributed to your success ;>}

Comment

• Nekton
          • Jun 2002

Actually it had nothing to do with the bmp, I just needed to change a setting in the virtualdub filter

Comment

Working...