Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skydive Joseppi
    • May 2002

TMPGenc "MPEG-2 trial has expired"

I installed TMPGenc under Win2000 a few weeks ago and now I get this message when I want to compress my *.avi files into *.mpg (MPEG-2) files. Even if I install the program new, I get this error message. Does anybody know, where in the Windows registry the experation date is written, so I can cange it, or is there a patch that can help me. I´m very satisfied with TMPGenc and I want to keep it.
    Thanks for you support.
    Skydive!
  • hermanthegerman
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2002

Purchase it.
    Another way to get around it do a search at google. I'm pretty sure you will find something.

Servus,
    hermanthegerman

Comment

• benedict
      Lord of the 4th Estate
      • Jun 2002

In an emergency (only), you could always change the date on your box back. That'll generally work if all the lock is keying off is your install date.

Just don't forget to change it back quickly. Programs like ScanDisk can get really upset with you if you don't.

[P.S. Not all program locks are in the registry. There are may other strategies a vendor could employ to do the same thing.]
      Last edited by benedict; 19 Aug 2002, 09:53 PM.
      It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

• Nielchiano
        • Aug 2002

Or you can just look for the (warez) full version TMPEGenc Plus. But since this is a good - legel - forum, I will not encourage you any further to do that kind of - bad - stuff.

Cheerz,
        Nielchiano (Nielchiano@skynet.be)
        We were all newbies once... and we all needed some help once, so lets once help the newbies.

Comment

• Skydive Joseppi
          • May 2002

Thanks, but I have chosen the official way and I bought the full version. So I´ve got the serial number by IFEKX and everything works fine.
          Thanks for your support anyway,
          Josef.
          Skydive!

Comment

• Nielchiano
            • Aug 2002

Good boy
            We were all newbies once... and we all needed some help once, so lets once help the newbies.

Comment

• Skydive Joseppi
              • May 2002

When I want to compress my *.avi file that I created with Premiere 6.0 into a *.mpg file and I want to open the *avi file I get the message "... cannot open or unsupported"
              Please help me !!!
              Skydive!

Comment

• Nielchiano
                • Aug 2002

What did you ask Premiere to do? Output the timeline, for sure, but with what settings?
                What audio/video codecs? One thing that WILL work is to select "Uncompressed" as codec. (but DO NOT code more than 1 minute then... it's about 1GB/min on full resolution).

You probabely are exporting to some kind of MPEG2, DV or something. Use Video For Windows instead.

Comment

Working...