• Rannar
    • Aug 2002

Angelpotion codec

I have an *.avi file encoded with the following video specs:
    Frame rate: 23 frames/second
    Data rate: 135 kbps
    Video sample size: 24 bit
    Video compression: Angelpotion

I have installed DivX5.02 and I have tried using Windows Media Player and the player that comes along with DivX5.02 but I cannot make it work.

All I get is a white screen with som small horizontal stribes. The sound is ok but the image is not.

I have located an Angelpotion codec on the internet but that made no difference, does anyone have an idea?

Rannar
  • benedict
    Lord of the 4th Estate
    • Jun 2002

AngelPotion is another MP43 hack. You might try changing the FourCC code in your file from "AP41" to "MP43" to see if it will play with that codec. (AVI FourCC Changer can do this for you.) No promises, however.
    Last edited by benedict; 22 Aug 2002, 01:17 AM.
    It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

• Rannar
      • Aug 2002

Thanks

Your advice did not quite solve the problem but it allowed me to find the correct codec, as the program you directed me to told me that the *.AVI file was encoded with XviD (proporties on the file still says: Angelpotion??), so I just downloaded that codec and the image was fine and dandy.

Rannar

Comment

• benedict
        Lord of the 4th Estate
        • Jun 2002

Ah, yes. It's the old "Truth in Labeling" deal again.

Glad it worked out for you!
        It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

Working...