Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ultralight
    • Apr 2002

Need help please

I am trying to change from AVI to mpeg with TMPGEnc. Everything worked great for 40 hours (configured for best picture) 85 percent of the way through I get a window "stream error" dam, after FOURTY hours, give me a break. I X'd out of error and would like to continue but TMPGEnc asks if I want to over write, well I don't, is there any salvaging this sucker? all input appreciated. Thanks. Dam

Also, I was able to open movie factory to author what I did have (85%) as a test (I'm just learning) and I get a error that "Good*** hunting.mpg is not a compliant mpeg file, please select a DVD/VCD/SVCD compliant mpeg file" It sure seemed to be a mpg file when I played it, and I converted per the faq to a mpg, any idea what is up? thanks again
  • ultralight
    • Apr 2002

Can no one help me?

Anyone?

Comment

• hermanthegerman
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Apr 2002

Maybe your avi file corrupted. Open the file in VirtualDub set both audio and video to direct stream copy and save the avi again. This will remove errors in your avi. Then run TMPGEnc again with lower settings, just to try if it completes conversion. If it does, take your high quality settings and try again. One thing you should consider: TMPGEnc sometimes has problems with the audio stream in the avi file. If this happens extract the audio from the avi using VirtualDub or Nandub and convert it to uncompressed WAV. Then load this file as audio in TMPGEnc.
      I hope this will help you.

Servus,
      hermanthegerman

Comment

• ultralight
        • Apr 2002

Thanks alot for the reply I will try it out

Comment

Working...