Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • netpancho
    • Aug 2002

Captured AVI to VCD???...help newbie

This might be a stupid question but I'm a newbie and here it goes...I am using a video+audio capturing utility (I think MGI VideoWave III) that generates a large AVI file. I want to convert this to VCD so that it can be burned on a CDR.
    How can it be done...?
    Do I need a converter or another capturing tool?

I know more information might help like what type of AVI file it generates but I really don't know, only that it is larger than say an MPG file.
    Please and Thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try using TMPGEnc for converting the file to MPEG1-VideoCd format. then use NERO (or similar) to simply burn (NOT create and burn, since you will have already created a compliant VCD-format file) as VCD.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• netpancho
      • Aug 2002

I installed some additional codecs, and was able to capture to a smaller file. I also have a utility to convert AVI to mpeg, from there I think I can use VCDeasy to burn it to a CDR.
      I have tried the TMPGEnc utility to capture but the sound is not being generated (RCA to USB), it seems to work only with the VideoWave III app.
      What I will try to do next is plug those RCA into the sound card and select that as the input, although I could end up with video-sound sync problems...
      I will try though.
      Thanks

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I have tried the TMPGEnc utility to capture but the sound is not being generated"

I suggested that you use TMPGEnc to CONVERT your already-captured .AVI to VCD format.

Besides, as far as I know, TMPGEnc doesn't have a capture utility...

Comment

Working...