Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djxe
    • Sep 2002

Quality problem

I have a really big problem! I captured analog clips to my HD, than I edited my clips and if I render my files uncompressed (should be the same quality) they have a poor quality.

I thougt it might be the software (I used first Videowave2 and than i tried it with Videofactory, VegasVideo3 and tmpgenc) but it´s still the same even if I don´t edit only export as the same uncompressed .avi and same size how I captured.

If I play my originally captured clips (352x288 25fr avi captured with tnt2) they are looking great even in fullscreen at 1024x768 in every editing-software and every standalone-software-player but if I edit my clips and try to render also as the same format uncompressed they have a very bad quality. Of course I tried to render to other formats like mpeg and avi compressed because the goal should be a VCD and a VHS-tape but I still loose a lot of quality???

One Year ago I made already a mpg-clip with the same hard- and software and movie so it´s still the same source(I still have this clip so I compared already) and this clip has a great quality, I don´t know what was going on an my PC?
  • djxe
    • Sep 2002

I think I know why, but not how to solve

If I capture a clip (UYVY Pal I or G) it´s a colordeepness from 16 Bit but I can only render as 24 Bit (with every codec it´s the same) !?!? There are no options how to capture with 24 Bit even I changed my desktop colordeepness to 32 Bit (I only can change my desktop 16 Bit or 32 Bit or lower) and I think that´s the problem why I´m loosing quality?

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

If VirtualDub can satisfy your editing/rendering needs, it's as simple as selecting 16bit decompresion and/or output from the "Video" dropdown menu...

Comment

• djxe
        • Sep 2002

I got a software from pinnacle and tried to capture in 24bit but there is the same problem, it´s 24bit but a worse quality.

I think already it´s a problem from my hardware, maybe a driver problem with my tnt2. I tried the usb hardware "pinnacle web" from a friend an it worked, but with this it´s only possible to capture 320x240 and if I render this with any software to mpeg there is a bad quality in 352x288.

So I heard something good from the pinnacle TVPC card which is not expensive and very good for analog capturing - I bought it already an will try it this weekend.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

I guess you're not interested in trying VirtualDub...

Comment

• djxe
            • Sep 2002

You´re right, but I tried it already because I´m very interested in a solution. I have got some other software which I really like to work with it but if Virtual Dub is the solution it´s ok.

But the main problem is the capture-problem. I still can´t capture in 24bit, of course it´s possible but it seems that my hardware only let me capture in 16bit. So if I capture with 24bit I get directly a worse quality.

I think this is a 16bit-24bit problem because if I capture with 16bit (and get a really good quality) and than render my movie, every software renders to 24bit and there is a big difference between 16bit and 24bit. If I capture with 24bit, it´s the same, because the software is directly converting from the 16bit to 24bit.

I wrote before, I tried another hardware and it worked fine with capturing 24bit, so this problem has to be my hardware (graphic card or the driver or any conflict in my system???)

I would be very happy if I get a solution with my "old hardware" because I already edited something and would loose many many hours of work.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"every software renders to 24bit"

I can only surmise that you are unable to understand my postings - that VirtualDub will allow you to render in 16Bit format.

Perhaps another poster will provide you with another solution...

Comment

• djxe
                • Sep 2002

Do I not have to render to 24bit??? Is this not the movie-color-deepness???

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"If I capture a clip (UYVY Pal I or G) it´s a colordeepness from 16 Bit"

YOU said you're capturing in 16Bit depth - make up your mind...

Comment

• djxe
                    • Sep 2002

Seems there is something going wrong with my mind pleasa tell me a little bit more

Comment

Working...