Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SandyJane
    • Sep 2002

newbie with a few problems

please excuse me, I'm not as technically experienced or educated as most of you I read through all the guides I could find and still can't find some answers I needed. I was hoping some of you guys would help me out First I'll tell you what I use to rip a dvd. I use smartripper to rip the dvd, then dvd2avi to set the audio and make it usable for TMPGEnc, which I use to make it into an mpeg. My problem is this: when I rip a dvd that is full screen, no matter how I make the settings in dvd2avi and TMPGEnc it still comes out looking widescreen and does not take up the whole screen as it should (I play t hem with windows media player 7.0). I was wondering if any of you had any idea what I could do to rip full screen dvds to actually play back full screen. Any help would be appreciated. I'm sorry for typing so much, I just wanted to give all the information I had

Also another thing I was wondering about: when converting a dvd to an avi using dvd2avi, when you make it into a divx file, it gives an option for a 2nd pass, should this be used? I'm sorry once again. I'm just very new at this. Thanks to anyone that reads.
    Last edited by SandyJane; 4 Sep 2002, 02:21 PM.
  • The Sorcerer
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Jan 2002

i think it would be the best if u try 2 use dvd2svcd from now on!

but i think it will not help with your widesrceen problem
    the problem with the widesrceen is that u need 2 cut a part of a 16:9 video 4 looking it in 4:3!

so u would lose some information u maybe don´t want 2 miss!
    in tmpeg u can change it in: mpeg settings -> advanced -> video arrange meth. -> center (custom size(!))

2nd-pass(4 avi): useful because the bitrate is variable and if there is a fast szene the picture is still good... (in short^^)
    2nd-pass(4 mpeg-2): the same

2nd-pass avi 2 mpeg-2: might sometimes bring trouble!

i hope i was help!

ask as much as u can

cu
    simon

Comment

• SandyJane
      • Sep 2002

thank you very much sir

I'm not trying to convert a widescreen movie into full screen, I'm tring to rip a full screen dvd but everything I do it still comes out with the bars, and I'm pretty sure it's the 4:3 ratio setting. I was just wondering how to get rid of those bars and have the movie fill the whole monitor. Once again thank you for taking the time to help me

Comment

Working...