Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enrico
    • Sep 2002

Flask/Xmpeg GK, I dont care

I have three dvds. I want to get a few clips from them, maybe around 50% of each cd. and convert them to divx.

I wasnt sure how to get GK to do this, so I figured I'd try Flask

It seems to work fine, except it crashes at random times.

The same thing happens when I try Xmpeg. I tried it with a different dvd, and instead of crashing, it game some sort of error message. I saw a message about it here and it suggested updating windows, but I already have.

Although, I did notice that Xmpeg's frame rate was about 30% faster.

I am using windows xp with the latest updates.

Any suggestions on what I should do?
    I really don't care about getting the "best" compression since these will be relatively short clips. I just want to get it done quick, I dont even care about doing only one pass.
    Last edited by enrico; 12 Sep 2002, 11:32 AM.
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

To do this with GKnot you can either set the start and end points in DVD2AVI before you save the project. Or just convert the entire thing, and edit the clips you want afterwards using nandub.

If you want many short clips from the movie, I think the latter will be far easier and faster. Because You don't need to reencode anything when you copy a clip from the converted file in nandub. Just remember to set audio and video to direct stream copy in nandub.
    Last edited by khp; 12 Sep 2002, 08:13 PM.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• enrico
      • Sep 2002

I figured out that I can make the dvd2avi project, then open it in virtualdub and compress it in parts.

I'd rather skip the dvd2avi part like with flaskmpeg or xmpeg, but those programs crash

Comment

Working...