Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cheftaz
    • Apr 2002

Don't know why

Setarip, Enchanter or Batman or anyone else who may know. I have been making svcds for a long time (from downloaded movies) with excellent results. My brother just starting to rip dvd and make svcds. I gave him all the instructions and tools he needs. I told him the settings etc that I use for my high quality svcds. He has been trying and trying with poor success. Every rip he converts to svcd, the high motion is always blurry and fuzzy and yet I do the same clip without it being fuzzy or blurry. In fact it is almost dvd quality and yet he uses same settings and bitrate with lousy quality. I can't figure out why. He is getting very frustrated. He also checked out this site and vcdhelp.com for guides and tutorials and said he followed them. Does anyone know why he would be having so much trouble. Could it be his enviro settings in tmpg. I told him to try that too. Hasn't got back to me yet though. I know his puter isn't as powerful as mine so could that be the prob. He has more ram than I do. any ideas??? Thanks
    Feathery fudge chocolate cake with white chocolate and pistachio buttercream!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Does he have DirectX installed on his sytem?

Comment

• cheftaz
      • Apr 2002

Thanks for the reply Setarip.
      I will try to find out if he has it. May take a while for responses because we only use email and he is fairly busy. In the meantime does he have to have it and if he does already have it what else may be a prob. Oh ya I run win98 and he runs winxp if that makes any difference. But then he even tried with 98 but still same prob.
      Feathery fudge chocolate cake with white chocolate and pistachio buttercream!

Comment

Working...