Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alisol
    • Sep 2002

strange problem!

I have tried unsuccesfully bunch of divx and player to fix this problem. Any help or idea are welcome.

I noticed i have trouble playing movies at rate of 25 fps and never had any problem for 23.976. For some movies at 25 the movie goes at slow motion (the quality is perfect, just is shown slowly) but the sound is played correctly.
    i checked with GSPOT and it says the divx are installed. (example of movie :"bad company" and "get over it".

In the case of one special movie (Romance) the moive is extremely slow and when i check with GSPOT i have "/divx" instead of "divx" and it says divx unknown, but it palys it slowly with a normal speed for the sound.

What is the matter with movies at 25? what is wrong with my system? tanx
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

I assume that you've downloaded (rather than created yourself) these files. They've probably had the video framerate reduce to 12.5 Fps in order to compress the filesize.

If this is the case, simply load the file into VirtualDub.

Set both "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copying".

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Framerate" - and change the framerate to 25.00.

Save with a new filename.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• alisol
      • Sep 2002

Hi and tanx for suggestions.
      I tried what you said but it did not work. I have to notice the following: VirtualDub showed the same rate :25 fps for the movies. Well I did it again for 25fps and also 50 and 2 others rates but none solved the problem.

I was wondering if the problem is not related to the player?? I mean maybe the player does not "somehow understand" the real FPS. I am saying that because with DSD2 player the fps is shown as 23.976 instead of 25 (on the bottom of the screen). I dont know about Windows media player because it does not show at waht fps it is playing the movie. Is anyway to impose to the player the fps rate of playing?

Could this problem be related to Windows2000 and the version of divx_c32.ax. What is the last version for that and where can i D/l it?

Could be this problem related to DX50?

tanx again

Comment

• Bredy
        • Oct 2002

The same problem

After I did install DivX 5 latest version, old movies has reduced framerate (but audio is playing correctly). Only uninstaling DivX 5 fix the problem. But this is not solution. All players (Playa is exception) has this problem. May-be there is compatibilty bug in codec.

Comment

Working...