Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kieran
    • Oct 2002

.VOB files on CD-R?

Greetings... first post here. Not sure what forum to put this post into, so I figured the General Discussion forum would be a safe place to start.

I want to make a trailer mix disc. I can rip DVD's to my hard drive and play them on my computer, and I can extract the .VOB files for the trailers. Since the trailers are relatively small in data size, one could fit about 6 or 8 DD/THX/DTS trailers on to a CD-R. What I'm wondering is, if I burn these .VOB files, with appropriate dvd menus, etc (borrowed from an existing DVD, say) to a CD, will it play in a DVD player? I haven't been able to get it to work, but I'm wondering if it's just my dvd player or what? The trick I guess is having a dvd player that only looks at the data, and doesn't care about the media on which the data are recorded. My dvd player is a Sony dvp-s7700... fairly old model.

Anyway, I'd love to hear if this has been done. I'd like to make a mix disc of a bunch of DD/THX/DTS/etc trailers with their original 5.1 audio, for playback on my main HT system. Thanks for any tips.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"The trick I guess is having a dvd player that only looks at the data, and doesn't care about the media on which the data are recorded"

As far as I know, this continues to be the reason that you cannot accomplish your mission...

Comment

• Rincewind256
      • Sep 2002

Did you try the "UDF-Format"? I saw an article in a computer magazine about a "mini-DVD" (CDR in UDF-Format). They wrote that some DVD-Players could read them.
      I never tried to burn a "mini-DVD", so I don`t know if it will work.

Comment

Working...