Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shanek
    • Oct 2002

The +€mà codec.... What is this????

I get this message from my Windows Media Player 9 when I try to play a couple of .mpg videos:

"The +€mà codec is required to play this file. To determine if this codec is available to download from the Web, click Web Help."

I go to web help and there is none. Does anyone know what this codec is? The +€mà codec is required to play this file?

Shanek@shaw.ca
    Last edited by shanek; 4 Oct 2002, 01:08 PM.
  • benedict
    Lord of the 4th Estate
    • Jun 2002

Almost certainly, you have downloaded a corrupt file. Possibly a virused one, and you should update your virus definitions if only to check this. There is no codec in the world that suggests anything like that.

WMP (in any version) is of no help if Microsoft did not itself write the codec. To them, it is like all other codecs they didn't write simply don't exist.

You might want to D/L "GSpot" from the software section on this site. Among other things, GSpot recognizes most codecs, even if you don't have then installed. If GSpot gives you a similar type of "glop", shread the file ASAP, and run your virus stuff immediately.
    It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

Working...