Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AthieN
    • Oct 2002

Audio/Video are out of sync in .avi

Can someone please tell me if there is a way to re-sync the audio/video in an .avi movie?

Here's the deal:

When I play this movie, it starts out in sync, but then as the movie progresses the audio starts to desynce behind the video and gets worse as the video continues...

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks -
  • Mac Sidewinder
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Apr 2002

Here is how I do it for a movie that gradually goes out of sync.

1. Find a point near the end of the movie where you can see a difinite point of sound occurring (such as a car door slamming, explosion, etc) and write down the exact time that it occurs (you can see this in nandub.

2. demux the audio and video with nandub. Load avi and select file - save wav.

3. Load a audio editing program (I use Sound Forge) and search the audio file for that sound and write down the exact time that it occurs in the audio file.

4. subtract the larger time from the smaller time and get the offset difference.

5. In Sound Forge there is an option to "stretch" the audio file. So if the audio comes before the video you stretch the audio by the amount of the offset.

6. If the video comes before the audio, you have to stretch the audio by a negative time amount.

7. Now save the audio to a wav file under a new name

8. Remux the audio and video with nandub and it should be in sync now.

If you have Sound Forge or another comparable audio editing program then let me know and I will send you the exact instructions for doing this. But this is the gyst of it.

Mac

Comment

• AthieN
      • Oct 2002

That worked perfectly. Thanks for the help Sidewinder!

Comment

• Mac Sidewinder
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Apr 2002

No problem, glad to help.

Mac

Comment

Working...