Combining Multiple AVI files, Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wilbo18
    • Oct 2002

Combining Multiple AVI files, Please Help!

HELP!!! I have a avi file that is split into three files avi, avi.002 and avi.003. I have no clue how to merge these files together. Please anyone with any clue is appreciated. Thank you.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Assuming these files are of the same format (ie. compressed by the same codec), have the same resolution (ie. size) and of the same sampling rate, you can use nandub to do the job.

1. Open first video in nandub
    2. "Append AVI segment... " and open the second file
    3. Set both Video and Audio tabs to DIrect Stream Copy
    4. Go to File -> Save as AVI... and give a name to the new video that contains the first and second video
    5. Repeat steps (1)-(4) with the new video and third video

Comment

• Wilbo18
      • Oct 2002

Nandub is the same as virtualdub and it does not work. The files I have have an extension <filename>.avi.002 and so on. What can I do. Please anyone who can help me is appreciated.

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

I believe you may need HJSPLIT to join these files.

Comment

• Wilbo18
          • Oct 2002

The first file of the three that i'm try to combine just has a regular extension <filename>.avi and the two other parts are <filename>.avi.002 and <filename>.avi.003

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

I am unfortunately unaware what compression format was used. You could try WINRAR.

Comment

• Qyd
              Digital Video Technician
              Digital Video Technician
              • Oct 2002

Can you at least play the individual files (like if you drag'ndrop them on a player window)? If yes, you can just rename them to .avi extension (for easier access). If not, it might be indeed an archive.

Comment

• Wilbo18
                • Oct 2002

Well, thank you all for your help and info. I appreciate it very much.

Comment

• VikingS6
                  • Nov 2001

I think that your files may have been split with a program called "Mastersplitter". I have used it myself many times, and it's great to split a huge file (that you eventually is gonna put back together again).

Used a lot before when CD burning was lightyears away. Used it to split files over 1.44 MB to fit on several floppy disks, and then join the files when copying it all to a hard drive.

It's shareware and can be found here:

Hope it helps.

Comment

• Cravix
                    • Jul 2007

.002 etc

these files are files that are split up from an original main file... ie . main divx movie split into 50 files.... like winrar files they are split up and sometimes are compressed but .00* files are usually not compressed... anyway the best program to combine these files together is called 7-Zip or winrar can do the trick... i recommend winrar because it is well used over the internet but 7-Zip is also impressive... just click on the first file .001 and open the program with windows feature - Open With... and select one of the 2 programs and extract the files that you see in the new window and vwala you have the main file.

Hope this is helpful to you

Comment

Working...