• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elmatso
    • Mar 2002

size of picture using tv-out

Hello everybody,

I'm a newbee and have a little question
    I just connected my computer to my tv using a tv-out card (geforce2 mx400)
    It all works perfectly but.. The only thing I like to improve is that on my tv the picture is a bit than the size of the screen.
    So i was wondering if it's possible to zoom in so that the whole of the screen is filled.
    I can't find such a possibility on my computer.
    So my question is: Is this kind of zooming possible or should such a problem be fixed on the television ( like it's done on most computer screens)

A lot of thanx in advance
    Elmatso
  • JerroldV1
    • Oct 2002

I have a GeForce MX card as well and what I found works to get the whole screen filled is to use the "overscan" option. I am not sure as to how the options for your card are laid out but if it is the same or similar to mine then you just have to click on the video card control panel on your computer tray, select "display" and then check the box next to "overscan." If this is not the lay out you have, I am sure the overscan option is available so just check your video card control panel selections. Although some tvs/vcrs actually overscan by themselves; also changing the card's resolution sometimes helps. I use a vcr with an old 20 inch tv for tv out purposes and when I set the resolution to 1024 x 768 the picture was too big for the tv.

Comment

Working...